Tuesday, July 22, 2008

When TiTy Talks about Discovering the word 'Strong'

Philippians 4: 6-7

6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.



As I am typing away this entry, my mum is watching her favourite Indonesian drama in TV. She was sleeping while waiting the drama to start & I wake her up or she'll missed the drama. Hmm...


Early this morning she was scheduled to have her CTscan in SMC. My dad & I accompanied her to meet Doctor Jaswant as soon as her CTscan result is ready. I guess I come prepared. Her CTscan result shows that there's a white cloudy image in her pelvis. Doctor Jaswant told us that, there's a cyst growth in the area where they removed my mum's ovary (in her pelvis area). It is confirmed to be a cancerous cyst. However, the growth is still in its early level and it can be treated. The doctor suggested that my mum undergo another surgery to remove the cyst & followed by chemotheraphy.


My mum is refusing to go for chemo treatment. After discussing with the doctor, they decided to seek for a 2nd advice from another doctor. The doctor who did the first surgery to remove my mum ovary before, Doctor Ajaz. Her appoinment is on da 31st of July. At the same time, my mum will undergo another blood test to see her CA level. If the result is still the same or increasing then we'll see how it goes la. Whatever she (my mum) says, she'll have us to support her. At this moment, she's still having a hard time in accepting the news. I caught her crying while we were on our way back to keningau just now.


I guess you guys have been praying hard for me, that I was really calm when I received the news and that I am able to talk & tell my sisters about my mum conditions without being emotionally unstable like I used to. I felt that there's no room for tears for me anymore. At least not at this moment. Being the eldest sister in the family has taught me all the lessons to discover the word 'strong'.


Shasha, thank you so much for the word of encouragement and support. Appreciate it so, so much =) ... Don't worry about me k? I'm doing fine. I know that I need to be strong for my family, especially my mum. BTW, I went to see Mama when I reach Keningau just now. She's doin fine. I bet u misses her so much; as much as she does.


I'll continue to update on my mum's condition from time to time.

No comments: