Saturday, February 07, 2009

TiTy - 2nd attempt to respond

Charlene

I haven't seen Charlene for a while after her mom's passing some 2 weeks ago. True to my socially-inept nature, I acted like the classic fair weather friend by not being there on her mom's funeral (I could've skipped work, but I didn't) and not being around her at all during her time of bereavement (I could've driven to Keningau - heck, it's just a 2-hour-trip away- and I didn't).

My conscience (both of them) eventually confronted me on how much I sucked as a friend and I decided to ask Charlene out for drinks - she declined, saying she was tired and not in the mood. The next day, she texted me to share a good news. I thanked her and asked her out for lunch, this time she accepted, I praised God.

Being a tough cookie, Charlene maintains her good humour regardless of what she's recently gone through - sharing funny stories about quirky traditional practices they call 'pantang'. She still misses her mom, has visibly lost a lot of weight, and is still not in the mood to be around people. I guess, I'll just keep praying for her and keep asking her out to lunch. That's the least I can do after being such a royal jerk.



Noves,

Your conscience is bothering you out of the blue yar? =)

Don't let the guilt fills you gal. I'm ok with the fact that your 'physical-being' is not there. It could be a lesson for you to learn. True, that is the moments i'm most in need of support from my close friends, but things had happened & there's nothing much we can do about it. I'm still very much in pain with the loss & still struggling with it.

It would be a blessing if a friend is around. But, being true to my nature, I'm a very practical person. I'm aware of the word 'priority'. I know you are working during that time. You know me, it's the thought that matters (we've talked about this during our days in Tawau). You did sms me rite. Even it is a simple 'HOW ARE YOU?' that is good enough for me. It shows your concern and your thoughts for me.

When I am weeping, I don't expect people to weep with me. If they were to weep together with me and share my burdens then it's indeed a great blessing =)

1 comment:

StephenieEzra said...

Hye Ty,
I wish I could b with U most of the time.. But everyone is different in a lot of ways. I dont know how to comfort you.

through my past experiences, I'd prefer to B alone. I dont want to make things worse 4 U because I know I, myself is still struggling to b strong..and I dont think I'm worthy give you encouraging words because I know sometimes to remain silent is better.

But I'm really impress that you managed to crack a joke when we came that day. I guess you are stronger than me, Ty.

If ever GOD made me lose someone I love in my live again, I'm sure I would never handle it.

GOD bless you all,Ty. Dont hesitate to call if you need someone, you know how to find me.