Thursday, May 19, 2011

When TiTy talks about a Note to Self!

Remain in me, and I will remain in you.
No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine.
Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

- John 15:4 (NIV)

---------------------------------------------------------

Dear Father,

Thank you for looking after me. I don’t always understand why you cut certain things off in my life. It is not always clear why you allow pain, problems and adversity. It is often very hard to understand your work of wonders. But I want to stay connected to your Son through his Word and Spirit. I want to bear much fruit for you, not in my own strength, but in full dependence on the finished work of your Son and the gift of grace.

Dear Lord Jesus, help me to remain in you. I don’t want to throw my life away and I don’t want to miss great opportunities in this life that you've created for me. Feed me, cleanse me with your Word, fill me with your power and help me to bear much fruit for the glory of the Father.

Amen

No comments: